Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Today is our 20th Anniversary.....

I can't believe it has already been 20 years, Matt and I were high school sweethearts we started dating before our senior year although we knew each other since we were freshman. He proposed to me after graduating from high school so we set the date a year from then, 1988. If I would have thought about it we never would have married in the summer as Matt is a wild land fire fighter and is often not home in August (and sometimes July and sometimes September too) but he does love his job so I can't complain much about that. He has missed many of our anniversaries and my birthday too -- but....I think I am use to that by now. He is gone today in Oregon fighting fire. I did receive a lovely bouquet of flowers at work today and we will go out to dinner sometime when he is back home (November???) Matt's parents were oh so kind to invite me and the boys over for dinner tonight so I did not have to cook, that was cool. Here's to 20 years of happiness and many many more.


2 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy 20th! How exciting (I'm glad you didn't have to cook)! I don't think I ever realized you two were high school sweethearts! I love those stories!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary (belated)....I love your blog, hope you don't mind me checking in :)