Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 1











Day 1:

We left home at 7:00am Friday morning and arrived at our destination at 6:00pm. Home being Newport, Washington, our destination Canada BC Lac la Hache (Lake of the Axe). We traveled 470 miles today. Some of the towns we passed through in Washington were Usk, Chewelah, Colville, Kettle Falls, Republic, Wauconda, Tonasket & Oroville. Then we were in Canada. Today we spent $210 for diesel. We paid $1.49 a liter in Cache Creek. We did see some wild life today – A mama moose with twin calves, then later a rather large moose, the largest I have seen, running across the road and merely stepping over the fence. Oh, and I almost forgot, we ran over a rattle snake, too bad “not”. We stopped and made a quick lunch just across the Canadian border of shredded beef sandwiches and some potato salad I made before leaving. Some of the towns we went through in BC were; Osoyoos, Merrit, Spences Bridge & Clinton. We stayed at Lac la Hache Provincial Park, no hook ups as we had to rough it but that’s okay after all we have one Eagle Scout and one on his way. As soon as we arrived I had to start dinner as the boys were starving, nothing new there. I mixed up some creation of my own – a Mexican type of casserole – cooking over the open fire in the dutch oven. I did not realize that I had mistakenly put in a can of hot chopped jalapenos – I thought they were the chopped green chilies. Well, as soon as we all dished up and began eating it was pretty apparent, luckily Matt and the boys can eat some pretty spicey foods, me on the hand…… not as well, it was good and I ate it anyway just with a lot of extra sour cream. After dinner we took a long walk along the lake, played some Uno and sat around the fire. A great first day! Very relaxing and nice that the four of us can spend the time together.






2 comments:

Tammi said...

What P Pain In My big dumb city ass. I already wrote you a long note but this stupid thing ate it when I tried to send it and made me open a google blogger account. I'm probably running out of space again so I'll read the next section and try to get back to ya
Tammi

Tammi said...

I think I've got the hang of this now (DUH) anyway, I said Thanks for taking me with you. I just hope you don't make me chip in on fuel. Maybe I'm glad my last letter got lost in space. I didn't realize the whole world could read it.(I know, I know, Just how dumb is this girl?) At least I could give you a good laugh.I Hate new things!
Tammi
What the is this word verification stuff? gnkngixa?Do you even get to see if we get it right?